This release of DS - Control includes a new MEOB Narrative record in the General File Maintenance (GEN) program which enables users to define the narratives that are printed on the new Media Purchase Order Billing (MEOB) report.
For more information on the MEOB report, see the update here.
To set up the new MEOB Narrative record:
- In DS - Control GEN, use record NARRATIVE with action ADD.
- In the User field, type the user ID for a specific user.
- In the System field, type MEDIA.
- In the Type field, type OB for the MEOB report.
- In the Media field, type * for all media types.
Note: The MEOB Narrative record can only be set up for all media.
- In the Client field, type the client code for a specific client or ALL for all clients.
- In the Description field, enter a description for the narrative, if needed. This is displayed on the list screen and on the reports for reference. Up to 60 characters can be entered.
- The six narrative fields consist of the headlines, midlines, and footlines that allow up to 132 characters per field. You enter the narrative in these fields. As the MEOB is a portrait bill, it splits any of your narrative over 80 characters to two lines on your bill.
Note: Fields left blank do not generate a report narrative.
- Press Enter.
Note: The footlines will always print on the report if they exist.